Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

part 5 courthouse - whorehouse

so i stood in front of the judge, who had my signed confession, and gave her bedroom eyes, hoping for a lesser sentence. it turns out, the day before my court appearance, my neighbors dropped all charges. what a relief. the only problem is the d.a. had other plans. the state would still press charges and hold me accountable, somewhat. i was sentenced to a diversion program. 2 years random drug testing and meet with a p.o. a few times a month. i lasted like 2 weeks then failed my first drug test. i was told that if it happened again i would be at the mercy of the court.so i went a few months just drinking and smoking weed and had no more randoms, then one day in july my parents scheduled an appt. with a doctor to "see about my depression". i went and so did they. while in the waiting room this guy asked me if i was there for residential treatment, 90 day program. i said no. then i saw gary patterson, the guy who helped my uncle get sober. i knew something was up, but i'd hear gary out, he was a straight shooter. we sat in gary's office mom, dad, myself, and gary and discussed whether or not i had a problem with drugs and alcohol. i knew i didnt, i just did what everyone else my age was doing, experimental drinking and smoking, i hadnt done coc in months. i remember pulling up at the office that day with my s-10 bed full of beer cans and bottles. it was this way from a party a week before, a bunch of people just threw the trash in the bed while we sat out by the truck drinking. likely story, i guess is what gary thought. i was totally against checking in. gary had to break up what was about to be a fist fight between me and my dad. he calmed me down and told me it was just three months. he then picked up the phone and had dave lozano on the line, my p.o.. dave said if i did the 90 days, i will have fulfilled my commitment to the state and will be free. i thought about the options, A.be homeless and still have like 2 years of drug tests or B.just 3 months drug free and back to living life the way i knew how. i took B. i did everything i was supposed to do that 1st month asked questions, took notes, really got wrapped up in it. i was doing a standard treatment ruse called conforming, i do what you want to get what i want and then i'm out. i got my truck back soon and was getting my xanax scripts filled and selling them to my boy for 300 a pop. i remember this guy jason was there, heroin addict, he was a really cool cat. we were roomates for some time and i remember downing a 24 with him once or twice at the gas station. one night jason came in smashed on heroin, it was scary looking. this was the first time i saw someone loaded on h and i thought he might die, so i called gary and ratted him out. the next week i got permission to go to a friends wedding and i took some of my xanax while there. it was nice to be with my friends and feel like that again.i couldnt go home, but my friend john from treatment had just moved and still had power and cable at his old place so he let me stay there. i did until i took all of the xanax, about a week or 2. i was allowed to come back to treatment and was moved back to the 1st phase.when i came back there was a girl there named rae, she was a big breasted blonde, and i was a 19 year old guy in a treatment center for 2 months. she was 31 and as sick as i was she was sicker. she was a stripper. which to me at the time seemed awesome. i had only been to 1 strip club and was pretty naive to the ways of the world up until now. i ended up riding with her to allot of meetings and eventually my instincts got the best of me. it was obvious to all of the clients, they were expressing concern in groups about our alleged relationship. so the heat came down from staff and we were to not be alone together, so we found other ways to see one another, like at 5 in the morning before anyone was awake. this girl was nuts, i was 19, she was a mother of 4 at 31, are you kidding me? i was sick too. we left the treatment center together on my 91st day. she had a lofty apartment off of west esplanade and i lived there for free. the only problem, she didnt drink or smoke, well not weed. she was an iv drug user, a heroin addict. i wanted herb but all she would get was coc and heroin. eventually, when december came i gave in and figured if my parents wouldnt let me come home than what the hell, stick me. i remember the 1st shot like it was yesterday. i started to feel warm and i panicked i thought i was going to die. i got sick and threw up, then wanted more. if i went a day without it i would get sick, puking sick. rae would 'dance' for guys at 'private parties' and come home with several hundred dollars and some heroin or coc for us to shoot. i just sat in bed and watched tv all day. there were several times a guy would come to the house for a 'private dance'. i dont know how i thought she was just dancing for these guys. i guess the combination of the drugs, the need for more, and my young naive mind was all it took. i'm sure she was a master manipulater as well. one day i walked into the bedroom and rae was unconcious, needle in arm. i yelled, slapped her, threw cold water by the buckets on her, shook her and then started to pack my stuff. i grabbed everything with my prints and threw it into a bag and was on the way out when she came to. this scared me so bad that i took her to west jeff and got her back to the treatment center. soon after i called dog and asked him what to do about all of it, he told me to run. grab my stuff and go, so i did. i went home for 2 days all 135 pounds of me. my parents let me stay for a while and then i decided to run again, this time to baton rouge. i found an apartment in tigerland, got a job, met a girl, and enrolled at b.r.c.c. things were looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment