Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

i am myself, like you somehow

i wait up in the dark for you to speak to me, oh i'll open up, release me. this is pearl jams release. its a song that eddie wrote about his father growing up, and how it was actually not his real father. i, however, growing up with my real father had similar feelings. my interpretation of this song was a father and son, always butting heads over stupid spit, i.e. me and buzz, but are actually butting heads because they are the same."i am myself, like you somehow." anyway, i feel like crap this morning. i was in the shower thinking about how i used to take on some other personna all of the time. for years i tried to be like jordan, deion, the rock, but never found out who i was. i was just realizing some of the stuff i do now is all me. sure i still like the rock and will watch old wrestling films over and over and over and over and....well you get it. i notice that i no longer pursue the image and have embraced my own. agassi, one of my other guys, used to do a commercial for some camera and the slogan was,"image is everything" i bought into that stuff hook, line, and sinker. i had a mouth full and spent loads of time and energy trying to be something i wasn't and realized today for the first time 'without a shadow of a doubt' that i am me. i am my own person, shaped by my own beliefs, experience, and thoughts, my own frame of reference. there are others similar to mine, but none just the same. i have taken things i liked and kept them to look at. i have made huge mistakes that i have paid for and the lessons are learned and hopefully will never be forgotten. i am...............i am also gonna be late for my superhero job if i keep writing. i listen to radiohead, wtf? i am certainly my own person now and i love each and every one of you and hope you all have a fantastic weekend. dont do anything i have'nt done, okay? peace out homeys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment