Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

big hands i know you're the one

so, we find out within the next hour whether or not the lsu tigers will play for the national title. we certainly don't deserve to be there, but who does really? anyways, i work an overnight shift at trs tomorrow. that sucks. i dont think i've been up all night since, well you know. my weight is back up around 185 lbs. with no leg work. my aunt told me i looked skinny at thanksgiving, so hopefully by christmas i'll be a little heavier. i am eating mad ben and jerry's and everything else i can afford to eat. i think the saints just lost, oh well. i will be done training at trs on tuesday morning and i'll work shifts alone with the guys in the treatment center. it feels good to be doing a job that i like and where i can say something that could change someone's life. its a cool gig. i am thankful for all the wonderful things that have been put in my life as part of this restoration process. i have a great job that i love, my parents like me again, i don't have to duck anyone, i have great relationships with many friends, i have a relationship with my wife, i have my cat, lots of stuff......i am in a work environment where i am trusted to watch 10-20 drug addicts and report thier negative or positive behavior, and am qualified to do so. who better to give counsel than someone who was there and found his way out of it? i'll be making one year of sobriety this month on the week of christmas and will be picking up a chip on the 2nd or 3rd of january after the holidays. if you wanna see it go down, let me know. i will probably go out to celebrate somewhere that night, nothing special really, just dinner somewhere. i also have my real birthday this month and hope to find something to do. anyone with an idea of something to do let me know. i dont even know how to celebrate a birthday. i always got loaded, the 18th of december was just another day where i didnt have to have an excuse of why i was so loaded. its time for the bcs show, so i am out. GO TIGERS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment